Cleaning the computer printer
When the printer is dirty and needs cleaning?
Dirty printer leaves black prints or gray streaks, often pulls and bends the paper, and makes the unsightly impression.
What do we use to clean the printer?
Printer should be cleaned with products specially designed for it. They can be found in most electronics stores. It is best to use the cleaning agents recommended by the manufacturer of our printer - a list of such products should be in our manual for printer.
Remember that before you start cleaning, read the instructions from the manual !!!
Cleaning the front of the printer:
- Prior to cleaning the printer, make sure that it is not connected to electricity.
- To clean the front of the printer use a soft cotton cloth soaked with cleaning solution for plastic or gently soaked in water
- Remember do not spray and do not pour the cleaning fluid directly on the printer..
Cleaning a laser printer:
- Make sure that the printer is not connected to the electricity
- Remove paper tray
- Remove toner cartridge and place it on a clean piece of paper and cover it with dark cloth or other material (the light rays can damage the toner cartridge)
- Using soft cotton cloth clean the toner slot
- Gently proceed with a cloth or brush to clean the printer mirror - try not to touch the mirror with your fingers
- Wipe away dust and spilled toner
- The next step is to clear the rollers
- Replace the toner cartridge
Cleaning ink-jet printer:
Many inkjet printers have a built-in cleaning program that can run from an inkjet printer driver - for more details, see the manual for your printer.
- Before cleaning make sure the printer is not plugged to the power line and it is not hot - if it is let it cool down.
- Open the main flap and using a vacuum cleaner clean from the inside of the printer all the dust and other dirt.
- Using cotton cloth, clean the paper feeder rollers.